When you are grieving the loss of a loved one, Hospice of Huntington can help you sort through your emotions and find the assistance that you need to get through this difficult journey. We will support you while you find a sense of peace and hope with your loss.
You may find comfort in individual counseling or a support group or class alongside other people who have experienced the loss of a loved one. Our grief support services are free and available to everyone in our community, regardless of whether your family was served by Hospice of Huntington.
- Quarterly mailings with information regarding the grief process
- Support Groups
- Educational Seminars and Classes
- Individual and Family Grief Counseling
- Remembrance Services
- Camp Good Grief
- Good Grief Family Retreat
Camp Good Grief
Camp Good Grief provides a unique opportunity for our younger family members, ages 8-16, to come together, share their experiences and learn ways to overcome the challenges in their lives as well as learning to cope with the loss of a loved one.
“Big Buddies” (trained volunteers) are matched to campers during their stay and provide the participants with a trusted adult that will listen and participate in all camp activities. Our experienced bereavement staff along with other professionals create a one of a kind opportunity for the youth in our area. Camp Good Grief is offered free of charge to the campers and is supported by private contributions.
- Share thoughts and feelings about loss.
- Understand grief is individual and a part of life.
- Remember loved ones in ways that will help them to go on.
- Express feelings in ways that are healthy and empowering.
- Trust that I am not alone and that there are people who will help me.
- Have fun and be able to smile and laugh with others again.
Good Grief Family Retreat
While at Good Grief Family Retreat your family has an opportunity to support each other in their grief. This day long retreat is facilitated by our experienced bereavement and hospice staff and includes activities and sessions that emphasize working together as a family while respecting your individual differences in expressing your grief.
While at Good Grief Family Retreat your family will learn to:
- Acknowledge that each family member grieves differently
- Communicate each of your individual needs
- Learn how to work together and support each other
- Remember your loved ones in healthy ways
- Have fun, be able to smile and laugh with others again.